Jun 28, 2009

My most complex creation

I woke up a bit late. It was a Monday morning. I had worked all night on Sunday, trying to figure out what was missing. What...what...what is it that is not in place? All the pieces fit together perfectly in the puzzle. Except one. There was a small gap, but it was the most important part, since it fell right in the center. I did not care to get out of the bed. I lay there and looked hard at the missing place in the puzzle; I had stuck the jigsaw to the roof, so that I could look at it when I lay down. Enough of this. I was tired and needed a stroll. I got out of the bed, took my walking stick and climbed down. From where I stood, I could see what I had made, my painting. The grass looked beautiful, lush green with mist settled on the tip, the serene blue pond in the center, the trees surrounding it, which had the first set of flowers just beginning to bloom, all the animals in circle around the lake and quenching their thirst, without bothering to disturb one another. I took a deep breath. This is what life is about, the satisfaction of seeing your work look so beautiful, so comforting. Still the nagging in my head did not stop. What is it that I need to do, to make this beautiful paint exquisite? I sat on a rock near the pond wondering, what to place in the puzzle to complete the painting. At that moment, my cane fell down near the foot of the rock. I stooped down to pick it up and it struck then. I looked at myself in the water and found out what was missing. Myself. All that the painting needed was an intelligent organism, a wise creature which could think and act. Something with the sixth sense, something which is capable of making wise decisions. I sketched the painting with the new creature, two legs, two hands, a face and a body, sitting on the rock. I stood away from the painting to inspect my work. It looked splendid and fit perfectly in the picture. I noticed this creature needed 2 final things; A name, and a companion. Name to separate it from the other living and non-living beings, and a companion to make sure it does not feel lonely. So I thought I shall name it source: Man and named the companion Woman (same source ;)) Now it was complete. Just like I had given the other "animals" the ability to multiply, I gave man too the power so that Man would not be the last one on earth, but many generations. I marveled at my creation, that I had made the near perfect invention.

I admit, I made one mistake. I gave a feeling called desire in man (more desire in woman). Man started growing his family, just like I wanted him to, Man gained knowledge and power and money, just like I wanted him to. Everything was fine for a few years. Then desire came in man to have one community, have a leader, give the leader more power. Desire led to anger and envy. Then man started fighting with man to become leader. Woman fought with woman for more desire and envy. The fight between 2 men grew into a fight between 2 communities. I saw my creations killing one another, Oh! my children lay in a pool of blood and it was all my fault. I thought I will give a few more million years so that they would live happily. However, I was wrong. Man can never live happily with another man. As long as 2 men are together, there will always be hatred, jealousy, pain and suffering.

I thought, enough is enough, I will put an end to this misery, I will use Man's own creation against him. I waved my cane and there was a lightning, a flash, a cloud and everything went silent. Absolute silent darkness everywhere. When the dust settled down, I stroll once again to inspect the end. The grass is all dried up and burnt, the trees stand naked, thin leafless branches jutting out, the pond is dried up and has carcass of animals and man lying there, there is a stench everywhere. To put an end to man's sufferings, I had destroyed all my creations.

I knew I had miscalculated, I knew I had a bigger task at hand to cleanup this mess, I knew I had one more weekend to spend trying to create the perfect creation.

No comments: