Dec 23, 2009

Politics...Here I come

This is getting frustrating...No secure ID, no Office mail access, and to top it all, I do not have a BlackBerry. I am completely out of touch with the real world and just 3 days into my vacation. Man, can life be more boring than this? And to top the frustration is the news that the FBT is now on the employee. Which means, my ESOP would get taxed, if I get a car from the company I have to pay the FBT component on that as well (which was previously held by the employer). Now I am thinking, why not to try politics for a change.

There was a nice news today morning, which made me even more determined to try for the post of MLA or MP. All the relatives of MP's now get to travel for free by Air within India. And all the friends and relatives of MP get to travel for free by Air within India. And this bill is actually passed in the Parliament. So now, it pays to be a friend of an MP than work your ass off in a 9-6 job. I am still checking if I have any MPs in my family bloodline. Surely there should be one...No family is perfect :D. We all have our share of hyenas and wolves.

Now, I might sound that I am rambling and ranting out of frustration. But the truth is, Politics is a more profit making business than any other job. Consider this:
1. You do not need to pay for the accomodation
2. You do not need to declare your wealth
3. You do not need to be a BE, MBA, IIT Grad (Well if you are, it means you are over qualified)
4. You do not need to pay for the fuel (The idiots called tax payers would do that for you. Infact, you might even see a Software Engineer filling up your tank in a Shell gas station (thanks to the rising inflation))
5. You do not need to work on deadlines. (Hey, you are a politician. You could hire 10 MBA grads and get them to work on your deadlines. And then take the credit. Afterall, you managed the MBA grads)
6. You do not need to pay for vegetables, fruits, liquor, schooling, No parking fines.

In short, the outflow from your purse would be inversely proportional to the inflow. And in this case, the inflow would never tend to negative.

Lord, if you could make me an MLA of any one constituency (maybe Andipatti would be the best, closer to my home) in the next 10 years, I would break 108 coconuts for you (Out of the tax payer's money, ofcourse)

No comments: